Sunday, September 7, 2008

Minority Report style

Upon reflection i.e. trying to think of something for another post, maybe my earlier idea of only writing about things that are surprisingly close might be a bit limited. There is also other futuristic stuff that is too interesting to miss. For example, this video at YouTube from Cebit 2008 showing a “Minority Report” style pointscreen.

For me, it’s not really an example of a “surprisingly here” futuristic item because even as I watched The Minority Report when it first came out, I couldn’t help thinking that this kind of user interface couldn’t be too far away. Though I expected perhaps virtual reality type gloves rather than pointscreens, and indeed I kind of wanted it to go that way just because I liked the idea of getting “driving gloves” for my computer.

Still, it’s pretty cool and certainly would have been science fiction in my childhood.

 

No comments: